D-I-Y > Sports jersey tote bag
description: Turn used sports jerseys into tote bags in a few easy steps! These bags are great for groceries or even for the beach. Plus the jersey material comes with airholes - perfect for airing out your beach towel.
- old sports jersey
- webbing or grosgrain ribbon for handle
- needle and thread or sewing machine
- fabric scissors
- straight pins
1. Cut off your jersey at the arms and neck.
2. Turn the jersey inside out. Sew along cut edge. The bottom of the shirt will become the top of the bag.
3. Cut two 18" pieces of ribbon or strapping. Sew as handles near the top of the bag. Sew one handle to each side.
4. Flip your bag to the right side and you're finished!